Privacy Collection Statement
H.A.G IMPORT CORPN (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD (ABN 99 197 250 028) (We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and abiding by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
As we do not sell our products directly to the public, we spend most of our time interacting with other businesses rather than individuals. However, there are some situations where we may interact with individuals and collect personal information.
- our online properties (each a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including but not limited to www.maxwellandwilliams.com.au;
- any of our related websites, social media pages, intranet or mobile applications;
- any other means through which you provide personal information to us, including either physically or electronically;
- any other means through which we lawfully collect personal information about you.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
4. Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of Personal Information that we Collect and Hold
5. Personal information that may be requested includes:
- contact information such as your full name, current and valid email address, telephone number, residential address and postcode;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- social media account details;
- information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- location information;
- if you are a representative of a business we trade with, additional information including financial information, trade history information, payment history information, credit history information and payment details;
6. When you use a Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
How We Collect and Hold Personal Information
Active Information Collection
8. Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request information about our products or services;
- complete and submit any forms to us;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- participate in any surveys or questionnaires;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose;
- interact with or browse a Website generally; or
- if you are a business we trade with, complete a credit application.
9. Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website); marketing materials; newsletters; electronic newsletters (e-newsletters); news and media releases; launch information, and also to advise you of other products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services; products or services information; upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information; or accept competition entries (where applicable).
10. We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so, including our service providers and retail partners. If you are a representative of a business we trade with, we may also obtain your credit history information from a credit reporting body, and trade history information from references you provide us with.
11. Personal information will not be collected by any person who we know to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites and provide personal information with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
12. As with many commercial websites, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
14. Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 14, to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
15. For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
16. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website.
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To enter you into and administer competitions and promotions;
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products.
- To provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To provide you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party.
- To render services related to our company (such as after sales services and enquiries).
- To respond to enquiries.
- To improve Website and system administration.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research.
- To share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties in the manner described below.
- If you are a business we trade with, to carry on our trading relationship with you including identifying and contacting you, invoicing your correctly, assessing the risks of providing credit to you or your business, and securing and recovering any debts owed to us.
17. For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with our group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas including in the United States of America. Failure to provide personal information may result in us being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
18. In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, or for the purposes described above, personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries which may include but are not limited to the United States of America. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. If you are a business we trade with, we may disclose your information to debt recovery agents or credit reporting bodies if necessary.
20. H.A.G group companies, (and their directors, servants and agents), our promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Maxell Williams companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
22. Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
23. We may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. We are not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
26. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
27. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
28. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. We may hold personal information electronically and in hard copy at our premises. The information is also stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including in the United States of America.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
29. In some cases, we may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to recipients in the United States of America. Our employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Links to other websites
30. Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you, such as retailers where you can purchase our products. Inclusion of such links cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible, nor do we accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
31. We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by us or any of our affiliates. We are not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
|Address:||H.A.G. Import Corpn. (Australia) Pty Ltd
11-27 Millers Road, Brooklyn, Vic 3012, Australia
|Telephone:||+61 3 9318 0466|
|Fax:||+61 3 9318 9766|
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.